The Old Blue Cross Pet Cemetery
Friends of Pet Cemetery
Shooters Hill London SE18 4LX
Autumn Bulletin October 2015
Since our last Bulletin we have made a lot of progress.
· 2 rockeries established
· 2 benches from The Royal Borough of Greenwich installed
· Water supply
· Fantastic colourful bedding donated by RBG and donations from the community
· Major shrubs in bird box bed donated by Thompson's Garden Centre
· Bug hotels/boxes made by a husband of a Committee member from recycled materials
· Installation of the Memorial Wall
· Grant from the Metropolitan Parks and Gardens Association to cover the cost of replacing seating around the trees
· Power Point presentation compiled
· Article on The Pet Cemetery in the Autumn edition of London Landscapes, the News Letter of London Parks and Gardens Trust
· Regular help from a local Volunteer force
It has been a busy but fruitful year; even the apple tree had two apples!
We are proud of our achievements, including bouncing back when a lot of our new shrubs had been stolen.
Like all garden projects it is a work in progress. Our attention is now turning to cleaning the grave stones, mapping the area, deciphering the inscriptions, and continuing with the research which is the hardest part considering the Blue Cross records were destroyed in a fire in the forties.
As a Committee we are very grateful for the interest and support given to us by the RBG Parks department and the Hornfair Park Gardening team, without which we would not be any where near where we are today, it is very much a “combined operation” working as a team.